Chesapeake Charter’s Commitment to the AssurCLEAN Program
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic earlier this year, The United Motorcoach Association (UMA) has encouraged its members to participate in the AssurCLEAN program. UMA developed the initiative given the necessity for proper disinfecting policies and cleaning products in the motorcoach industry. In short, the program offers motorcoach operators a way to organize and comply with The Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) health guidelines. Chesapeake Charter is a proud member of the UMA and an active participant in the AssurCLEAN program. So, you can travel with us in confidence in a rapidly changing world. Continue on to learn more about the program and why it’s essential to the health of our customers and employees.
Why the AssurCLEAN Program is Important
In response to the pandemic, the CDC has laid out guidelines for the transportation industry. Specifically, the plan offers transit operators a plan of action for reducing the spread of COVID-19. By introducing new cleaning and disinfecting procedures and training, Chesapeake Charter is doing its part. Since its inception in July of 2020, and in collaboration with the CDC, we have taken our directions from the AssurCLEAN program.
The 7 Acknowledgements
The AssurCLEAN program includes seven acknowledgments, or directions, laid out by the CDC. These directives help aid in the safety of our customers, employees, and drivers, and are as follows:
- Designate someone to be responsible for COVID-19 concerns. Also, all employees must know who this individual is and how to contact them.
- Provide all employees with information about COVID-19, how it spreads, and the risk of exposure. Additionally, this includes training and employee access to proper hand-washing and alcohol-based hand sanitizers to prevent the spread of disease.
- Conduct worksite assessments to identify prevention strategies throughout the pandemic.
- When possible, provide disinfecting products recommended by the CDC, The Environmental Protection Agency, and other governmental agencies to motorcoach operators. This allows for surfaces that are commonly touched by passengers and staff to be cleaned periodically.
- Use disinfectant products that meet the Environmental Protection Agency’s list of disinfectants for use against COVID-19. Also, provide employees training on the manufacturer’s directions.
- Coordinate with local and/or state agencies to establish ongoing communication. This includes facilitating access to relevant information about COVID-19.
- Monitor federal regulations and public health agency guidelines as appropriate.
Chesapeake Charter’s Participation in the Program
Motorcoach operations, including Chesapeake Charter, have received decals for all of our vehicles, along with a certificate of participation. Therefore, showing our compliance with the AssurCLEAN Program. Most importantly, it helps to notify customers that we are meeting the CDC’s high standards for health and safety. For a more comprehensive look at our cleaning procedures, see our Extreme Clean Commitment blog. On behalf of the Chesapeake Charter community, we would like to extend our gratitude for your continued love and support throughout this time.